CAD Productions is hiring! Looking for camera operators and editors!
CAD Productions is specialised in producing documentaries that address sustainable human development challenges. Our slogan, stories that inspire change, reflects the spirit of our social documentary production company that was primarily created to showcase successful stories of communities and individuals achieving development goals.
We gain extra impetus and depth by being able to call upon the development expertise of our parent company, the Centre of Partnerships for Development (CAD in Spanish). CAD is a consultancy firm with a wide network of international experts committed to human and sustainable development sharing the common belief that promoting partnerships is a need to find innovative and sustainable solutions to global challenges.
WHAT WE DO
We are story-tellers and experts in providing innovative audio-visual pieces in the field of development cooperation. Given the increasing complexity of global interaction, we have developed a unique capacity to translate complex and technical issues into clear and inspiring video messages in an easily understandable manner for all types of audiences.
Through images and audio-visual products, we create spaces for reflection, awareness raising and applied research enhancing an interactive and participatory debate with society. Topics include social innovation, poverty eradication, entrepreneurship, urban development, universal access to primary education, countries affected by conflict and transition to peace, gender equality, health, migration and multiculturalism, among others.
WHAT WE NEED
CAD Productions is growing and we are looking to engage camera operators and editors with a background in film and audiovisual communications to help us manage the company’s increasing production demand.
Specific tasks for the post:
- Support in the script-writing, design, filming and post-production of our audiovisual products.
- Support in the design and creation of an audiovisual bank based on the material available from CAD Productions documentaries.
- Support in the production for scripts and proposals to produce human and sustainable development films
- Production of audiovisual interviews in the context of the 180 DEGREES Movement to social entrepreneurs
- Editing the Towards the Human City audiovisual products
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for enthusiastic professionals who love filming and are committed to using their skills to generate social impact with the following requirements:
- Have a degree in journalism, media production, media studies, performing arts, photography, film, television or similar degrees;
- Be acquainted with last version of video editing software Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects;
- Have a well-developed interest and passion in photography along with related experience in lighting, optics and cinematography;
- Have a sound theoretical, practical and technical knowledge of cameras and the ability to frame and compose shots, perform camera moves accurately and create visual scripts of human development stories.
At a personal level, the following is required:
- To have interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Capacity to multi-task, take directions from others as well as be able to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure, achieve tight deadlines and work productively under uncertain conditions;
- Be able to work with flexibility, creativity and patience;
- Be perfectionist and give attention to details
- Be open and willing to travel to emerging countries and spend periods of 10 to 20 days on production missions.
Interested in engaging professionals that can work under part of full time contracts, as well as freelancers that can work based on specific outputs.
Those interested can send the following requirements to email@example.com:
- CV and detailed description of work and experience so far (highlight awards and organizations worked so far)
- A set of film stills, collection of photographs and showreel of work performed