CAD opens a new office in Mexico City to lead the management of partnerships for development
Due to the growing need to strengthen organisations’capacities in response to the challenges of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, CAD has decided to open an office in Mexico City.
The office will have an intervention focus on the Latin American region representing CAD’s five areas of expertise. This will involve promoting technical assistance services in the design and management of partnerships for development; promoting studies to promote green growth and adaptation to Climate Change; promoting inclusive businesses and strengthening of SMEs; as well as the evaluation of projects to enhance social impact in an effective and efficient manner. The office will also promote the production of audio-visual pieces through the production company CAD Productions to raise awareness about development issues and inspire citizens through successful examples of social transformation.
To this end, CAD is looking for an Office Manager and Coordinator who will be based in the new Mexico City Office.
Terms of reference
• Representing CAD services to different organizations (public, private and civil society) to improve their impact in the areas of human development.
• Coordinate the relationship between the team located at the headquarters in Barcelona and the strategy of action designed for the Latin American region.
• Support the formulation, implementation and evaluation of CAD projects.
• Manage the generation of knowledge to develop the products and services of CAD in its different areas of activity.
• Actively participate in the ecosystem of agents of change in the region to provide added value and promote synergies among the different actors.
• Master in Development Policy, International Relations, Economics, Journalism, and other related fields.
• Strong experience in project coordination and management.
• Proven experience in the areas of training, mentoring or coaching especially with rural communities.
• At least two years of experience working in rural areas (preferably Chiapas or Yucatan).
• Ability to work independently and results oriented.
• Ability to face challenges and promote dialogue.
• Ability to maintain client’s relationships autonomously.
Conditions of contract
Start date: March 2017
Duration: 1 year
Remuneration: To be determined on the basis of experience
Interested individuals can send their CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download here the Terms of Reference in PDF.